Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What's missing in her life: A FATHER-why they are important

Being as though Father's Day is only a few days away...I felt it would be a great time to speak on this topic but it is a pretty emotional subject for me so please bare with .  First and foremost, not many of us have fathers, so I am not one to tell you how to feel about your own. I will forever encourage those to keep a great relationship with their father if you can...be it male or female.  However, with a female and her Daddy, it's just something a bit different.  Sorta like a Mother and her son. This is not me bashing NOR am I trying to put anyone on the hot seat out there.  I'd never do that....I just simply want to express how much a FATHER in a woman's life can make all the difference.







I share a rather awkward relationship with my father.  When I was a lil girl....he's all I can remember wanting to be around and be held by.  He was my knight in shining armor and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Even if he was wrong for something,  I'd stand by his side and fight for him because he was my daddy.  Never did we let a day go by without speaking to one another.  Time has seemed to pass us by and I grew a bit older and wiser.  I can say I learned a lot from him but only for what NOT to do.  I learned that the way I HAD and deserved to be treated may have came off as the opposite of what I should have been treated and was old enough to understand.  We don't speak on a regular as much as we used to.  We have had many battles and somehow always seem to come back to saying I love you usually when we speak about music (one of the reasons why I'm a die hard Michael Jackson fan) This let's me know things will be ok.  I'm very bull headed as he is to when it comes to us...I mean we're BOTH ARIES...so it's to be expected.  I understand we will not agree majority of the time...but I will never deny when he was present in my life at the times I may have needed him most but was to young to realize it.




I will say, I was a bit hurt because I never got to share the father/daughter dance at my wedding with my father.  It was an issue with our planner etc etc....but if I could just get that moment back...I'd dance until my feet fell off.  I may never know when the last time I will see him will be....but as a DAUGHTER I'm working on making everyday worth saying Hello, and I love you regardless of the time and distance between us.







With that being said....The woman I am today is from the men that have been in my life.  Whether it was my Father, Brother, Uncle, Grandfather or a male cousin, I learned that a man is very important in a WOMAN's Life especially as a child.  There's no denying that and Here's why:





1. HER CHOICE IN MEN:  A father is like the prime example of what a lil girl who later grows up wants in her future husband or man.  TRUE, but not only that, it sets the tone of WHO is worthy for this woman.  If you have a father who hasn't really taught you much other than shown actions of being in and out of your life...chances are you are a woman that may or may not suffer from separation anxiety. She may not know HOW to accept a good man because either she ALLOWS the man to leave so freely or she leaves when it feels foreign to her.



2. INDEPENDENT TO THE WORLD:  It's not a bad thing to be independent, in fact it's encouraged in many ways.  But what happens to the woman that is raised by WOMEN including friends and is content with not needing a man?  A man creates some form of stability.  Not saying go out and allow yourself to fall at every mans' feet but this goes back to ALLOWING THE MAN BE THE MAN.  It's perfectly fine to have your own, but as I've seen in many of my family members lives, again a Father from the jump sets the tone.  Whether he's a good one or not.






3. LET'S TALK ABOUT LOVE:  A mother can tell her daughter all the things necessary for the cans, can nots, wills and will nots that a young man to a man can do for her.  I mean that's fine and dandy...but Mothers seem to leave out the biggest part.  It's obvious that love can't hurt us and that it's the people and things within our life that we ALLOW or do that does.  But as a woman, loving so freely without protection to the heart is what most mother's can not tell their daughters.  How can we tell our child not to love when that's what women were created to do??  A father can show her HOW to love.  A father can explain how it's ok to love and give examples.  A father can also say it with such comfort in his voice as opposed to a MOTHER who has already been hurt.  THERE's A difference.  This is important for young girls and how they share their love.




I can always go on and on about how a FATHER can do so much for his child's life especially his daughter. A mother gives support and genuine affection but a FATHER gives Hope to become even better than the expectations of anybody else...to achieve goals worth achieving and to allow a man that is worthy of HER time to love her the way she deserves.

This is me signing out....but before I go.... to all the Single Ladies playing the father role...remember you CAN'T make him a father, only GOD and his CHILD can do that..continue to hold it down but never deny him of his child.  If he wants to be there he will be there...most men weren't raised to become fathers in their future.  xoxoxo


And please excuse my errors...i'm quite tired and going to bed now lol

No comments:

Post a Comment